Protect your credit card using the MasterCard® SecureCode™ system
More protection for online shopping – a higher security standard for online credit card purchases
Bankhaus Lampe now offers the security system MasterCard® SecureCode™.
This security standard offers protection against fraudulent usage when you make online payments using your credit card. A one-off registration is required to use this security system. The registration and use of MasterCard® SecureCode™ is free of charge. You continue to use your existing credit card.
As of 20/05/2016, we are switching the SecureCode™ system to the mobile TAN procedure (mTAN).
This is how to activate your credit card for this system:
1. Click on the link MasterCard® SecureCode™ Registration in the info box on the right. Then position the cursor in the data entry field on the right and register your Bankhaus Lampe MasterCard® for the SecureCode™ system.
2. You can register directly when you make a purchase online if the retailer is participating in the SecureCode™ system. You will then automatically be forwarded to the registration menu.
For the registration you will require your credit card number, the expiry date and your mobile phone number. Besides your date of birth you will also need the last four digits of your IBAN. You can set an individual security question and answer when you make your next purchase. If afterwards the correct security question is not displayed when you register, discontinue the transaction and contact First Data*.
A brief overview of the purchasing procedure:
- You make online purchases with your credit card as usual.
- You immediately receive a TAN on your mobile phone via SMS. The TAN is only valid for this purchase.
- A confirmation window for your purchase appears on the screen.
- You verify that the purchase information on the screen and in the SMS is correct and approve the transaction by entering the TAN and answering your additional security question.
In the event of any difficulties, you can reach our credit card provider First Data* 24 hours a day, 7 days a week by calling the following telephone number: +49 69 7933-2555.